Saturday, November 24, 2007

No. 250: The River


Band: Bruce Springsteen
Album: The River
Why Rolling Stone gets it right: Blah blah Springsteen, blah blah no E-Street Band, blah blah boomer erection, blah blah I don't like him.
Why Rolling Stone gets it wrong: See above.
Best song: "Hungry Heart” isn't bad.
Worst song: The album isn't really good, but “Ramrod” is specifically bad.
Is it awesome?: Not at all.

Two things about this album:
  • I have a friend who likes Springsteen who specifically told me yesterday “Even I don't think 'The River' is all that great.” So, there's that.

  • Whenever people review Magnolia Electric Co./Songs:Ohia records, this album is brought up. I love the Magnolia Electric Co. and after hearing this album, I can see the comparison, but, really, Magnolia Electric Co. records are always much better.

No comments: